DHT Salon Style
Hair Color Specialists. Join the colour revolution at The Crescent Hair and Trichology Clinic. We specialise in all hair colour services. From temporary colours, semi colours, Quasi colours, Permanent colours and Bleaching.
Products and How we use them
As hairstylists AND trichologists we are very particular about the products we use and how we use them. We want products that we can trust while at the same time give clients what they want. As a result we are proud to exclusively offer products from Wella UK.
If you thought you could not have colour then Innosense is for you. Wella has launched a new range of colours for those of you who have been allergic to hair Dye.
Revolutionary new dye molecule ME+, for vibrant colour and full permanent performance, specially formulated to reduce the risk of developing an Allergen.
Make an appointment with Deborah our qualified Trichologist to discuss the possibilities.
All customers will require a skin test 48hrs prior to all colour services taking place.
See the wonder of light: Illumina colour elevates light to its highest spectrum, revealing previously unseen potential in hair.
Now you can make light your own and create new illuminous expressions that stir the senses and emotions of every client.
Last year Wella launched Illumina the biggest colour innovation in 20 years. Illumina gives up to 70% more light reflection from grey coverage-fashion looks-glossing
Delivers a superior hair colour while keeping hair healthy enabling amazing creations. A full range of colours from naturals to fashion shades including Vibrant Reds and Violets.
A Demi colour that is Ammonia free, using advanced light2 colour complex giving unique colour and light that gives shinny colour results, with up to 57% more faceted colour and up to 63% more shine.
A true semi colour that moisturises and smooths the hair with a vitamin complex will enhance and re-fresh your colour.
Colour Fresh is FREE from AMMONIA, PEROXIDE and ALCOHOL
Colour fresh gives up to 50% more shine, it has a gentle pH 6.5 that achieves gentle colour effects or refreshes permanent colours or levels out uneven tones.
Silver will eliminate unwanted yellow tones.
THE FACTS ABOUT HAIR DYES
PPD PARA PHENYLENEDIAMINES
Colour molecules used in permanent hair colours needed for most hair dyes especially dark colours for successful coverage of white/grey hair.
PTD PARA TOLUENEDIAMINES
Colour molecules, an alternative to PPD, less risk to Allergies, PTD performs in the same way as PPD. WELLA does not use PPD in their formulas.
PYRAZOL 4.5-DIAMINO PYRAZOLE SULPHATE
Colour molecule gives very intense red pigments, it only gives red/orange pigments and is used in 15-18% of Wella colours mainly Reds and intense Violets.
THE FACTS ABOUT AMMONIA AND MEA ALKALISERS IN HAIR COLOURS
WHAT IS AMMONIA?
- Ammonia is a chemical alkaliser used in colours to open up the hair’s cuticle so the colour pigments can enter the hair.
- Ammonia has been safely used in hair colours for over 50years.
- Scientific studies show that for level 3 colour performance (lift of 3 levels or more + up to 100% grey/white hair coverage) ammonia protects the hair structure better than MEA and delivers the best colour result.
- After acting in the hair ammonia easily evaporates, leaving the hair conditioned.
WHAT IS MEA?
- An alternative chemical alkaliser to ammonia, it has less chemical smell than ammonia.
- Used in mild oxidising semi-permanent colours and non-ammonia colours.
- MEA’s larger molecules are less efficient and need to be used in higher concentrations to achieve comparable results. This can be more damaging to the hair.
- MEA is more suitable when significant lightening is not required.
- Used in low concentrations and short development times as there is in WELLA colour touch semi-permanent where colour performance requirements are lower, there is no issue with hair protection.
- When MEA is used in higher concentrations for 3 levels of lift or more the risk of hair damage is higher and colour performance is reduced.
Used in Illumina colour, encapsulates the tiny metals left on the hair from the water you wash it with, reducing damage and keeping the surface of the hair cuticle healthier looking and more transparent colour.
The main component EDD’s (Ethylenediamine-N, N-disuccinic acid) this blocks copper ions during the colour process, thus preventing the copper reacting with the Hydrogen peroxide as a result the formation of radicals is drastically reduced and damage to the hair is significantly decreased.
The miracle colour molecule ME+ (2-Methoxymethyl-p-phenelenediamine) used in INNOSENSE colour reduces the risk of developing an allergen.
The modified shape of the ME+ molecule does not fit out T Cells so does not activate the body’s immune system.
A skin test should always’s be done 48 hours previous to any colour service.
PERMANENT WAVES / TEXTURISERS
The Ultimate expert in Style and Texture from Movement-Texture-Bouncy curls the variations are endless.